Sponsor a Family this Holiday

At Christmas, our company sponsored a local young couple with five children and another baby on the way. On a Saturday afternoon, my mother, sister, husband and I delivered two carts of groceries and an artificial Christmas tree complete with lights and decorations to the delight of some very excited youngsters.

It was so rewarding to see them clapping their hands and jumping around with joy with each trip we took to bring everything in from our cars. My mother immediately held the attention of the one-year old girl and passed out green-frosted Christmas tree cookies. My sister took pictures of all the activity and my husband set up the Christmas tree and helped the children decorate it.

The oldest boy asked me, "Are you the lady that brought us all these presents?" as he pointed to the pile of gifts we had delivered earlier in the week for their parents to see and wrap for their children. It made my heart smile to say, "Yes, I'm one of those ladies."

Before we left, they all proudly lined up in front of their Christmas tree and smiled for our final picture. What a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...